A lightweight, high-strength Paulownia Wood Core in a thinly sculpted ski body provides enhanced ski flex for effortless turns. With the addition of CarboNetX, a layer of diagonally woven carbon fiber that stores and releases energy consistently throughout the ski, the Carbon EVO turns and accelerates like none-other. This ultra-responsive construction offers a true edge 'gripping' feel like that of a snow ski. This is due to the combination of flex and rocker that allows the Carbon EVO to continually conform to the water surface.
- Paulownia Wood Flex-Core: Lighter and more stable than its wood counterparts and has the ability to remain strong under the high flex conditions. This hydrophobic wood core is fast growing and takes less energy to process, giving the EVO added ecological benefits.
- CarboNetX: Diagonally woven carbon fibers allow the ski to store and release energy consistently. This delivers a responsive feel and added durability while accounting for less than 1% of the ski's overall weight.
- Surf Inspired Fish Shape with Clean Edge Tail: Lower aspect ratio with wider tail = ultra-efficient planing surface for performance at slower speeds and easier deep water starts. Clean Edge reduces drag by 50% over traditional ski edges.
- Binding Spine: Minimized material underfoot to maximize torsional and longitudinal flex for enhanced turns.
- SpeedSkin Base: Advanced laminar textured ski base for reduced ski drag and increased ski speed.
- HEX Fin: We've taken the traditional 2D waterski fin model to the next level by creating a NACA Airfoil inspired 3-dimensional fin for more lift and lower drag. Acting like an airplane wing, this surf style fin enhances ski versatility by increasing glide speed and turning properties.
Amongst the chaos of the modern world, a new movement is emerging. Individuals are seeking wild, natural places, foregoing the comfort and connectivity of the modern world, for adventure and uncertainty in the natural world. Weekends once reserved for shopping and consuming are being replaced with an explosion in camping, surf safaris and exploratory backcountry skiing and snowboarding. Why can't water skiing be included in this fun? HO envisions a world where city dwellers escape to the beach on weekends to surf, fish, camp AND WATER SKI. We dream of bumming a ride off a local fisherman for a dawn patrol water ski session before a day spent hiking in the forest. Or what about a weekend camping trip with your friend's jet ski to explore the lake you always dreamed of laying turns on. Don't you want to seek out what is around the next bend in the river? Slalom courses, manmade ski lakes and tournament ski boats will always be a part of water skiing, but there can also be so much more. With the right ski and hardy sense of adventure, water skiing's future can be wide open again. It is with this intention that EVO was created: A water ski to introduce new participants to a sense of adventure and the experience of skiing on water, A water ski to break tournament skiers out of our routines, to reintroduce us to participating with the public and discover a new way to fall in love with skiing again, A water ski to ignite the Adventure Skiing Movement and define the EVOlution of water skiing.